Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finding the right wave


Sure, it's scary out there. Just ask my son standing on the beach at the Jersey Shore on this particularly gray day. It's alot like many of us feel right now about our business.

You can sit on the shore and wring your hands some more, or you can pick up your board, double-knot the string on your bathing suit, and get out there.

On the bright side, there are fewer surfers out on the water, so choosing a wave isn't as difficult as it usually is. It's less crowded right now, make it work for you.

So, what wave can your brand ride?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic. And the double-knot reference resonates with this recently-turned-45-year old.

    Me? I always want my brand to ride the wave that no one else is riding. And, even if it isn't crowded out there, I want my Brand to look for and find the wave that no one else is likely to think about riding, let alone want to ride.

    Frost nailed it. "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." ("The Road Not Taken," Robert Frost) Frankly, a Brand couldn't find better inspiration.

    Double-knot Brands, baby. Double-knot Brands.

    ReplyDelete